At Equity Resource/Master Mortgage Broker Sydney we recognise that privacy and security of personal information is important to our customers. We respect the confidentiality and security of your personal information and we are committed to protecting it at all times.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you through our call centres and through our consultants and staff when interviewing you or from our website in your online enquiries.
We also purchase information such as your name, address, employer and telephone number from commercial databases which are currently available in the market place.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you to enable us to assess your suitability and eligibility for obtaining a home and/or investment loan we will only collect such personal information as is necessary to manage your loan application and investment property strategy and to communicate with you about the products and services we offer.
The types of personally identifiable information we may collect include your name, address, telephone number, occupation and financial information.
When we request your personal information, we will endeavour to specify which information we require for our purposes and which information may be provided at your option. You may choose not to supply any optional information requested by us but our ability to assist you may be restricted.
By freely providing us with personal information that we request from you, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this privacy statement.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to assist us in:
- Conducting our business, eg in determining whether you may qualify for a home loan;
- Completing a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, for example, in the completion of loan application forms;
- To communicate information about products and services that we or any of our affiliated business partners offer to you;
- For our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
At any time you may elect not to receive further communications from us by either contacting your consultant or our Privacy Officer whose contact details are set out later in this policy.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
- We do not sell our client lists to third parties. We will not disclose personal information about you to any person outside Equity Resource except on a confidential basis to our approved panel of lenders, affiliated business partners for referrals and agents that we may use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing.
- These third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose and are bound to adhere to the same National Privacy Principles of the Act. We will only disclose to these third parties that information necessary for them to perform their services. Otherwise, we will not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation.
- In managing your loan application and financial strategy, there may be occasions where we need to disclose your personal information to other third parties such as;
- Organisations undertaking reviews of the accuracy and completeness of our information;
- Authorised organisations providing confidential mailing services, maintenance of our information technology systems and printing of our standard documents and correspondence;
- Our solicitors, valuers, developers, real estate agents and insurers for our loan products;
- Affiliated business partners such as accountants, financial planners and real estate agents to provide you with requested products and/or services for which we use their expertise and professional experience.
- We only disclose personal information to such organisations for the provision of specified management services.
Other financial institutions, such as banks, credit unions and building societies, in order to set up your account and to process banking transactions. Credit reporting or information verification agencies in order to obtain and provide details of credit history and/or status.
Personal information will only be disclosed to third parties, for example your financial adviser, accountant, mortgage intermediary, power of attorney and appointed agent, when you have authorised us to do so. If you wish to amend or withdraw this authority please notify us in writing.
Access to your personal information
At any time, you may ask us to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that personal information by contacting us directly or by contacting our Privacy Officer. Requests for access to your personal information may only be made by you.
We will endeavour to provide you with the data within 30 days of receiving your request. We may charge you a small fee to cover any administrative costs that we may incur in providing personal information to you.
Accuracy and correction of your personal information
If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you may ask us to correct it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Financial information becomes out of date very quickly and so we will update that information if it is required in any future dealings we may have with you. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information when your personal information is no longer required for our business functions.
How do we store your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. All staff are bound by agreement to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
Access to information stored electronically is restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted to legitimate users only and is not available to any third party.
We may also change this policy to include any new products or services we may provide from time to time. This policy was last updated in September 2020.
Contact us and feedback
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us or any complaints regarding treatment of your privacy by contacting:
The Privacy Officer Equity Resource Pty Ltd PO Box 8056 Baulkham Hills BC New South Wales Australia 2153 Tel: (02) 8861 1689 Fax: (02) 8861 1717 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Privacy Act and your rights visit the Office of Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.